Saturday, May 14, 2011

Episode 5: Hi my name is Katie, and I'm an addict...


This week I've got some crochet, some sewing and a new addiction to spinning!


SHOW NOTES:


WIP:

Socks for my Husband by Jeanmarie DiTaranto - I'm using Caron Simply Soft in the Heather Grey colorway and it's being worked on a US size 3/3.25mm hook

Malabrigo Tank Top - is in the Cumparista colorway and is being worked on a US size 9/5.5mm hook

Little Gadabout Bag by Dot Matthews -  I'm using Loops and Threads Charisma in the Holiday colorway and a Us size 9/5.5mm hook



FINISHED OBJECTS:

Nubby Brim Cloche by Eileen Tepper - I used Berrnat Chunky in the black colorway and it was worked on a US size 10/6mm hook

Felted Wallet- I did not use a pattern for this. I used Stitch Nation Alpaca Love in the ruby colorway.



ON MY SPINDLE:

Black and Creamy White BFL from Fibers To Yarns

I should have the last bit of it spun up sometime in the next couple days, I love it!!!



SEWING FUN:

This week I managed to make an adorable project bag and a little notions bag!



OTHER PODCASTS:

Needle Bound

The Fiberista Files

The Knit Girllls


Apron Giveaway - To sign up just comment on the blog or comment on the Ravelry group thread titled Introduce Yourself Just need 19 more members!!!

Spindle Giveaway - To sign up just send me the link to a cute pattern you think I should use my handspun yarn for. You can comment with the link on the Blog, or on the Ravelry group in the thread titled Handspun Suggestions.


YOU CAN REACH ME AT:

Ravelry - kthudson

Ravelry Group - DomestiKated Darling

iTunes - DomestiKated Darling Podcast

Plurk - Domestikateddarling

Thanks for watching!



Have a Great Week!




1 comment:

  1. Heard about you from the fiberista files podcast! Love your podcast, yay finally one where it's crochet! Great job on your first spindle and yarn! It is very addicting! If you really get into spinning check out The Sheep Shed Studio, you can buy a pound of roving for cheap, I always use them now :)
    Can't wait for the next episode!

    ReplyDelete